Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former cricketer Kirti Azad on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court's observation that only sportsmen should head sports bodies, and not businessmen, and alleged that politicians at the head of sports bodies are only misusing their powers. He further claimed that sports bodies like the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) or the Board of Control for Cricket in ...
The Supreme Court on Thursday said only sportsmen, not businessmen should head sports bodies. "Politics has taken the game of hockey to abysmal low. Earlier India used to win gold medals but now we are struggling to qualify. Sports bodies should be headed by sports-persons...not by businessmen," Supreme Court said today. The top court's observations were made during the hearing of two warring ...
Gwyneth Paltrow will soon be seen hosting a health and fitness web series, called 'The Restart Project', with her trainer Tracy Anderson. In a newly released trailer of the series, the duo can be seen talking with "inspirational" women who have dealt with hardship, injury, and setbacks, while transforming their lives with health and fitness, the New York Daily News reported. Anderson said in ...
Brazil's Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo has reportedly warned that England fans may expect being held at knife-points or raped on the streets during the World Cup 2014. Rebelo's warnings about such attacks came as the English fans are waiting for tomorrow's Finals draw before confirming their travel plans. The minister said that as a country they want to be scrutinised and are sure that it will ...
That look. In his starring roles in the "Fast & Furious" films, Paul Walker had perfected a knowing, sly half-grin that made his character, Brian O'Conner, a lovable rogue you rooted for.That look is all over an emotional, ...
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
In Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, the third Spy Kids movie in as many years, writer/director/producer/composer Robert Rodriguez places his young mini-spies in the digital depths of a zany video game, which is quite appropriate given the fact that most of the imagery in these movies have been created by computers. This time around, the story focuses particularly on 11-year-old Juni Cortez ... ...
Canada StandardCanada Standard | National News Service for Canada
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Canada Standard is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Canadian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Canadian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Canada news, the weather forecast for Canada you'll find it all in the Canada Standard.
From Saskatchewan to Toronto, the Canada Standard should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Under the autumn statement announcements, younger workers will have to wait much longer for their state pension than their older counterparts. Photograph: Sarah Lee for the ...
gleefully declared in the autumn statement . Output is up, housing starts are rising fast, and the public finances will even move into surplus by 2017-18. But never in the history of parliamentary set-pieces have the chancellor's figures failed to reflect the experience of millions of workers.If you feel that the pounds in your pocket are no longer stretching far enough to pay the bills, ...
Councils will be free to borrow more money to build new homes after the government increased the housing revenue account borrowing limit by 300m in a rare step towards more public ...
Australian BMX riders Melinda McLeod and Corey Frieswyk with Australian triathlete Loretta Harrop at the launch of the Gold Coast City Council's 2013-2023 sports plan. Pic : Jerad ...
Robinson Cano (Photo credit: Keith Allison) So after the Yankees rebuffed Jay-Z's latest request for at least $250 million over nine years for Cano, he is focusing on the Seattle Mariners. This makes sense given the team's new $2 billion partnership with DirecTV Sports Networks. The deal made the Mariners the controlling owner of Root Sports Northwest, the regional sports network ...
Mail Sent for Registration Confirmation. A confirmation email has been sent. Please activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent in your mail ...
Robots that carry, sort and see; Google has bought some real talent to kickstart its new division aimed at automating manufacturing and supply ...
There was an air of excitement late Wednesday afternoon as Naperville Central High School students, staff and even some parents gathered for an all-school assembly.But this wasn't typical end-of-day anticipation.Instead, an enthusiastic overflow crowd gathered inside the main gymnasium to salute the recently crowned Class 8A state football champions and other successful athletic and ...
, we see the actress playing two clones doing battle. (You can see the photo in all of its huge, high-resolution glory by clicking on the magnifying glass button above.) On top is Sarah Manning, the fearless protagonist who acted as our entry point into the mysterious world of human clones. On the bottom with the gun on her face is Rachel Duncan, the Neolutionist "Proclone" who ...
EPL: Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to take his chance at Arsenal and prove that Arsene Wenger doesn't need to buy a new striker in January. Bendtner set the Gunners on their way to a 2-0 victory over Hull last night, nodding home a Carl Jenkinson cross after 90 seconds. It came on a rare start for the Dane, who says he now wants to take his chance to shine at the club after a ...
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Canada Standard.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has ordered the inclusion of the North Pole in the country's Arctic claim, following a UN submission draft report proposal to exclude it from the boundaries.
Canada will meet the December 6 deadline for filing an application to the United Nations to extend its northern sea boundary and also include the geographic North Pole, News24 reports.
Meanwhile, many nations, including Canada, Denmark, Norway, Russia and the United States, claim overlapping parts of the region are believed to be rich in hydrocarbons.
According to the US Geological Survey, the Arctic seabed holds about 90 billion barrels of oil and 30 percent of the world's undiscovered gas resources. (ANI)
- Cash-strapped Snow Village closes its doors for now
- Photos Video Ottawa police hone use of force techniques
- Ottawa under freezing rain warning
- You Rock My World Michael Jacksons Cirque du Soleil Dubai tour tickets on sale now
- Turf war with Russia looms over Ottawa’s claim to Arctic seabed
- Canada to claim North Pole in Arctic claim at UN
- A house that helps Toronto semi blends accessibility and style
- Rob Ford denies attempting to buy ‘crack video’ on U.S. radio show
- Bills could have a hard time getting out of Toronto
- Air Canada maps out new Boeing 787 routes
- Media Advisory - The Royal Canadian Mint introduces new 25-cent circulation coins celebrating life in the North and ...
- The star witness at the Quebec corruption commission
- Minister wants independent agency for road projects
- Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust Announces December 2013 Monthly Distribution
- SQ cracks down on illegal cigarettes in Quebec City raid
- Man awarded $20000 after beating at Pitt Meadows bar
- Judge says fertility clinic can destroy sperm
- This day in history December 5 1927
- In memory of Jessie
- Site on Fraser River shore to be rezoned for waste recycling plant
- Gallery Phoenix Coyotes at Calgary Flames
- Betrayed husband wants to trust again
- Markham Ont. council votes against using public funds for proposed arena
- MacLeod Lights camera - and lots of intrigue in the world of the Toronto Maple Leafs
- Golf losing out to family life for Ernie Els considers cutting schedule further
- JSE targets January launch date for first coal futures exchangeJohannesburg Stock Exchange commodity derivatives executives Chris Sturgess and Raphael Karuaihe tells Mining Weekly Online’s Martin Creamer that January 20 is the targeted launch date
- Tariff reopening in mix as Eskom grapples with ways to close R225bn gapOutgoing Eskom CEO Brian Dames on the groups approach to dealing with the R225-billion financial shortfall that has arisen following a lower-than-sought tariff determination. Cam
- German Police Arrest Two Bitcoin-mining Botnet Operators
- Newcrest Mining Limited - PNG Chamber of Mines and Petroleum Mining Seminar
- Ecuador Gold announces closing of forth and final tranche of non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of US$150000
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Canada Standard headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Canada rocked by rash of soldier suicides in one week
- Canada to claim North Pole in Arctic claim at UN
- $6.1-million sale sets record for Toronto’s Beaches neighbourhood
- Video Market View Why a changing of the guard in corporate Canada is a good thing
- Canadian newspapers saw revenue fall 13 in last five years